Friday, February 02, 2007

I would hate to be her daughter.

Courtesy of Constitutionally Right, an article from The Badger Herald that does a pretty good job of unintentionally demonstrating just how dehumanizing abortion really is--not just to the ones killed, but to the ones seeking the killing:

The focus of Christensen’s presentation was the testimony of a woman who said she bore her daughter in 1961 because the law prohibited her from having an abortion.

“It was an extraordinarily difficult time,” said the woman, who wished to remain anonymous. “It changed my life forever.”

The woman even traveled to Mexico in an attempt to bypass the abortion laws in the United States, but she returned home immediately upon seeing the dangerous conditions under which the abortions were performed.

“I am thankful that my daughter is alive and well and happy,” the woman said. “But each and every day I am reminded of the fact that she exists. My life would have been much different if I would have been able to [have the abortion].”


Words fail.

--Shack